Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Tunage: Big Yellow Taxi

        I'm currently reading a pretty cool book about Joni Mitchell.  Will You Take Me As I Am not only talks about Mitchell's life, but it also talks about what and how different things influenced her music.  I really like where this book is going, and it just might replace Fifty Shades of Grey on my Summer Reading List (I just don't think I can read that one).
        Since starting the book, I have been listening to a lot more Joni Mitchell.  I have always listened to her stuff, but now I'm really listening.  I'll tell you what; it's good stuff.



     I chose her song "Big Yellow Taxi" for today.  If you are not familiar with her version of it (and by "her version" I mean she wrote it), then you have probably heard Counting Crow's (my favorite band, by the way) version, or another one of the 319 artists who have since recorded it.  I like her voice and her words are great.  I have posted the lyrics below because I'm a lyrics freak and these are some good ones.

Big Yellow Taxi Lyrics

1 comment: